I-88 Speedway 4 Cylinder Truck Class Rules
The 4 cylinder truck rules for I-88 Speedway are listed on this and three other pages, linked to below.
Forms: [Driver Sponsor Sheet]
Page 1 of Rules: [Eligible Trucks]
Page 2 of Rules: [Go to page 2] Includes Engine, Fuel/Air, Ignition, Transmission, Fuel Cell, Exhaust, Cooling System and Batteries.
Page 3 of Rules: [Go to Page 3]Includes Rear End, Dirve Shaft, Brakes, Suspension, Steering, Tires and Wheels.
Page 4 of Rules: [Go to page 4] Includes General Build, Driver Attire and Miscellaneous.
[PDF of 4 cylinder Truck Rules] [Download Adobe Acrobat]
These rules are posted here as convenience only. Not responsible for any type-O's or other copying mistakes. Call the track office if you have any questions. Make sure you read all safety and procedural rules outlined in the rule book.
The 4 Cylinder Truck division at the Speedway is an entry-level division with the focus on affordability. The following rules (pages 1 - 4) will be strictly enforced to see that the intent of the class is maintained. Any dominant driver may be asked to move to another division of racing at season's end. All drivers must have a valid state driver's license or parent's consent as needed.
- 2005 or older, 8 valve, single cam 4 cylinder trucks.
- Trucks must be non-turbo, open bed, rear wheel drive only.
- No 4-wheel drive conversions.
- No SUV's
- Must use stock frame in good condition only.
- Frame must be straight, sound, and complete.
- Cutting, chopping, or shortening of the frame is not allowed.
- Frame rails may be notched in the rear above rear end to allow for suspension travel.
- Must retain factory wheelbase for the truck being used.
- Minimum frame height of 5"*.
- *A-arms, leaf springs, rear axle, and front valiance do not have to meet this requirement.
- *This will be measured with fully suited driver strapped in the seat.
- Zero tolerance on ride height.
- 6 point rollcage mandatory.
- Minimum 1.5" 0D x .090 wall thickness minimum.
- Must be securely welded to frame.
- Driver and passenger side door must have a minimum 3 horizontal door bars.
- Passenger side door bars may utilize an "X" design with a horizontal bar at top and bottom of "X".
- All rollbars in reach of the driver must be padded.
- All trucks must maintain factory engine location.
- No moving mounts, lowering, or engine setback.
- Minimum weight is 2800# after the race.
- 46.5% Maximum rear weight *1/2% tolerance.
- On asphalt, 54% left side max if on Hoosier/American Racer G60 tires, 56% on DOT tires.
- May repair/replace rust/damage with 20 guage sheetmetal. Any repairs must be done with pride. Must include all factory bodylines.
- Any replacement body panels must have all factory body lines and must be factory dimension and location.
- Trucks must have either a full bed or "tonneau cover".
- Bed covers must be used if the bed has been gutted (no "open" beds).
- Bed covers must be solid (steel, aluminum, plastic, leather, etc.).
- Spoilers may be used, 5" tall surface area maximum.
- May use sideboards on spoiler, no more than 12" long, no taller than spoiler.
- May run aftermarket nose and tail piece.
- Cab must be intact and maintain stock dimensions.
- No fiberglass body panels.